Located south of Cambridge on Route 16, this perfectly restored colonial church is the central focus of an 85 acre Glebe (church lands) on Church Creek, a tributary of the Little Choptank River. The graveyard holds the remains of many famous citizens, such as Anna Ella Carroll, the “silent member of Mr. Lincoln’s Cabinet” and three revolutionary war heroes. The shoreline has been restored to its 17th century appearance in an environmentally sensitive manner.
The Church was constructed on private land after 1660 and before the 1692 Vestry Act created thirty-two Church of England parishes in Maryland. It remains an active Episcopal Church, probably the oldest in continuous use in its original form. Services are held at 11 am on Sundays, and the grounds are open daily, dawn to dusk.
Located in Church Creek on Maryland route 16, 8 miles south of the junction with US 50. Old Trinity is located five miles from the Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge. There is also a pier on Church Creek. 410-228-2940.
get in touch
1716 Taylors Island Road
Church Creek, MD 21622