This spring is seeing a good number of new restaurants, shops, and more blooming around Dorchester County on Maryland’s beautiful Eastern Shore! Here’s the latest:
- ArtBar 2.0 – now offering an all-you-can-eat Sunday Gospel Jazz brunch on Sundays, 420B Race Street, Cambridge, 443-988-1554. See the latest on their Facebook page.
- Cafe Underground – a specialty pastry shop and breakfast cafe. 420 Race Street, Cambridge, 410-221-7888. More on their Facebook page.
- Capt’n Phil’s Seafood Carryout – hopes to open soon at 421 Academy Street, Cambridge, 410-330-5500. More on their Facebook page.
- Carol’s Kitchen – has home-cooked meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner at 1504 Glasgow Street, Cambridge, 443-225-5889. More on their Facebook page.
- Hoopers Island Seafood Market – operated by Hoopers Island Oysters, this market in Cambridge features fresh and frozen shellfish (including their own oysters either in the shell or shucked), sides, and seasonings. Shucking gear, too! 837A Chesapeake Drive, Cambridge; 410-397-3664; hoopersisland.com/shop.
- Phippin’s Crafting Corner – grand opening is set for May 7 at 201 Maryland Avenue in Cambridge with crafts and projects for kids and adults of all ages. Plus a party room for birthdays and more. Follow the news on their Facebook page.
- ShoreLife Home & Gifts – now open at the newly renovated 421 Race Street in Cambridge with home accessories such as lamps, rugs, cocktail napkins, artwork, candles, glassware, fun books, and faux potted plants. 410-725-1890
- SoulShine – now open at 317 High Street in Cambridge with clothing, accessories, jewelry, art, and decor. Grand opening event set for May 14 with giveaways and live music.
- Taqueria Floritas: Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner with authentic Mexican food including at least eight types of tacos, burritos, fajitas, quesadillas, and more. 1721 Race St., Cambridge. 443-225-5152. View the menu on their Taqueria Floritas Facebook page.
Posted May 1, 2022