Cycling was big in Cambridge all the way back in 1894, when the Cambridge Cycling Club was formed. There was even a big cycling race here in 1896 that drew about 10,000 people!
A new, temporary exhibit, “The Cambridge Crackers,” at the Heritage Museums and Gardens of Dorchester, shares the history of the Cambridge Cycling Club through photos, artifacts and text. Also on display is an authentic late 1800 penny farthing bicycle on loan from the Julia A. Purnell Museum. Stop by at 1003 Greenway Drive in Cambridge. For information about the site or the exhibit, please call 410.228.7953 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.