Dorchester County is hot!
Find out what’s got people talking and join the debate! We asked some locals to help Dorchester Tourism Director Amanda Fenstermaker brainstorm ideas for a new tourism video. With seemingly endless shoreline, quaint waterfront towns, the Chesapeake’s best seafood and microbrews, Dorchester is a must-visit destination and no one could agree on what’s best. Will you help? After watching the video below, scroll down to see how you can join the debate – and be entered to win one of two prize packages worth $600!
Join the debate!
What tops your list of things to do and see in Dorchester? Is it boating, biking or Blackwater? The Hyatt, hunting or Harriet Tubman? Ghost walks, golf or growlers? How do YOU do Dorchester?
Help the Dorchester Office of Tourism showcase what makes our county a great destination for outdoor enthusiasts, history lovers and foodies alike! Share what you think is best about Dorchester in a short video and enter our contest to win one of two great prize packages valued at more than $600!
After reading the guidelines and rules, click the button at the bottom of this page for the official entry form.
What: Video Contest
Organizer: Dorchester Office of Tourism
Who: Open to everyone.
How: Shoot a 15-30 second video – horizontal orientation. Upload the video directly through our entry form to be entered in the contest.
When: Entries must be submitted by May 31, 2019.
Judging: Subscribe to Dorchester’s YouTube channel to automatically receive notifications when the videos are published or check here or on Facebook for a link. The video receiving the most likes will receive the Fan Favorite Award. The Heart of Chesapeake Country Heritage Area Board of Directors will vote on and award the Judge’s Choice. Both winners will be announced in June 2019.
Video guidelines: 15-30 seconds; acceptable file formats: mov, mp4, mpeg4, avi; no larger than 65mb.
Rules: See official rules below.
Suggested Video Format
- REMEMBER: Hold the camera horizontally!
- Introduce yourself by first and last name.
- Tell us where you live and what you love about where you are.
- State how you “do” Dorchester with one example of what you do that is special or unique to the county.
- Start with an active verb: “I … build, create, make, bake, play, etc.
- Invite people to learn more. (We’ll provide a link to the website or source for additional information in the video description.)
- Conclude with “And that’s how I do Dorchester!”
- Be sure that we see you at some point in the video.
- Hi. My name is Susan Smith.
- I’m a physical therapist on the Eastern Shore of Maryland – and this … is how I DO Dorchester!
- I volunteer on the beautiful Nathan of Dorchester, an authentic skipjack here at Long Wharf in Downtown Cambridge. We tong for oysters, enjoy sunset cruises and explore the Chesapeake Bay’s maritime history.
- Join us for a tour on our beautiful work boat from April through October.
- I’m Susan. And sailing the Choptank River is how I DO Dorchester!
Official Rules: How Do YOU Dorchester
All entrants agree to comply with YouTube Community Guidelines. Entries that don’t comply will be disqualified.
The Dorchester County Office of Tourism is the Contest organizer and assumes responsibility for rules and all aspects of contest administration.
By entering this contest, you agree to allow Dorchester County Tourism to post your video on their website and social media accounts.
Entries must be received by midnight, May 31, 2019.
Prizes will be awarded in two categories: Judges Choice and Fan Favorite.
Judges Choice – Do Dorchester on Us! (Value – $400)
- Blackwater Adventures Gift Card ($100)
- Kay’s at the Airport gift card ($40)
- Half Day Tour of the Tubman Byway by Tubman Tours ($60)
- Gift Basket from Center Market ($50)
- Two tickets to the Taste of Cambridge ($70)
- Dessert for Four from T’s Divine Sweets ($25)
- Cruise for Two on Skipjack Nathan of Dorchester ($70)
Fan Favorite – Water Moves Us Gift Basket ($150)
- Secrets of the Eastern Shore ($20)
- Lodge at Black Pearl Cookbook ($50)
- Mug featuring Chesapeake Trails Mural ($14)
- Tote Bag ($16)
- Set of 4 Glasses ($24)
- Journal & Pens ($20)
- Post Cards ($10)
Any and all the information collected on this site will be kept strictly confidential and will not be sold, reused, rented, disclosed, or loaned! Any information you give us will be held with the utmost care and will not be used in ways that you have not consented to. If you have any questions, please feel free to call 410-228-1000 or contact us online.