Heritage Award nominations due Sept. 14
The Heart of Chesapeake Country Heritage Area (HCCHA) is accepting nominations for the 2018 Heritage Awards to recognize and celebrate those individuals and organizations within the community that have helped to preserve and promote Dorchester County’s unique cultural, historical and natural resources.
The annual awards focus on four distinct categories:
- Individual Achievement, which recognizes a person for his/her contributions to the heritage community by interpreting, preserving, promoting, researching and/or supporting local history and cultural traditions.
- Business Partner, which recognizes a for-profit partner that demonstrates sustained commitment to heritage preservation and/or promotion, including historic preservation, cultural or natural resource stewardship, advocacy, or heritage tourism opportunities in the Heart of Chesapeake Country.
- Outstanding Project, which recognizes an exceptional project, event or activity conducted/sponsored by an organization, business, individual or local government that highlights Dorchester’s natural or cultural heritage and/or increases public awareness of its history, heritage and cultural traditions.
- Organizational Excellence, which recognizes an organization or local government entity that demonstrates sustained achievement in contributing to heritage preservation, promotion, interpretation or tourism efforts.
Nominations are due no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 14. Any individual or organization may submit an award nomination – and self-nominations also are encouraged. For more information about the criteria for each category, download the online guidelines from: visitdorchester.org/heritage-award-nomination-form
There are three very simple ways to nominate someone:
- Complete an online nomination form, upload any supporting documents and click “submit.”
- Download a paper Heritage Award Nomination Form, and email the completed form to email@example.com.
- Complete the paper nomination form, print and mail to the attention of Julie Gilberto-Brady, Heart of Chesapeake Country Heritage Area, 2 Rose Hill Place, Cambridge, MD 21613