You’ve heard of drive-in movies, now there’s drive-in live theatre! Bring the family Aug. 28-30 for a different kind of drive-in experience with Groove City Theatre’s production of Hans Christian Andersen’s “The Little Mermaid” presented in a socially distanced setting that they’re calling “drive-in theatre in the round” outside at Governor’s Hall at Sailwinds Park, in Cambridge, MD. A few notes about how it will work:
- You’ll stay in your vehicles throughout the duration of the performance, and use your car battery on for radio and air conditioning.
- Masks have been incorporated into the costume design for the safety of the performers.
- The actors’ microphones beneath their masks are able to broadcast into your car radio with no delay in transmission. Simply tune your radio in the appropriate FM channel and our sound and music will transmit directly through your speakers.
- The show runs 45 minutes with no intermission, which should be plenty of time to enjoy a show without draining a car battery.
- There are only have 20 parking spots per night for this show. The cost is $10 per parking space, plus an additional $5 per adult (over 18). Children and minors are admitted for free.
- Concessions are provided by Sailwinds Park.
- Tickets Available August 1, 2020. For complete details and tickets, go to groovetheatre.com.
- For additional questions, comments, or concerns about this production, email email@example.com.
Address: Sailwinds is located at 200 Byrn St. in Cambridge, MD.