The 28th annual Hurlock Fall Fest and Train Rides will be held Saturday, October 5. Parade down Main Street begins at 10am, followed by a welcome by the mayor at the train station.
- Parade at 10am down Main Street.
- RIDE THE FALL FESTIVAL EXPRESS! Attention: Train enthusiasts, here’s a “rare mileage” opportunity. This pleasant round-trip train ride goes from Hurlock to Federalsburg and back. Train departs from the Hurlock train station at 107 Gay Street. Train rides cost $8 per person. Train rides at 11am, 12:30pm, 2pm, 3:30pm, and 5pm. Tickets usually sell out, so buy early! Tickets on sale at the Hurlock Town Office (311 Charles Street, PO Box 327, Hurlock, MD 21643) from 8am to 4pm, Monday through Friday, 410-943-4181.
- Little Miss and Little Mr. Fall Festival Contest at 2pm at the Hurlock Train Station. Ages 3 to 6 years old. Must sing or recite a nursery rhyme.
- Craft Vendors: 8am to 4pm around the Train Station.
- Food Vendors starting at 8am around the pavilion.
- Music by Second Wind from 12pm to 2pm. Plus Spark in Da Pan (steel drum band) from 3 to 5pm.
- The Town of Hurlock and Black Acre Farm offer Free Pony Rides across from Pavilion immediately after the 10am parade until 2pm.
- Sunshine the Clown – balloons, air brush painting, 11am to 3pm; bubble show 1-1:45pm. .
- Fishmobile – Phillips Wharf Environmental Center; Scales & Tales display from Tuckahoe State Park; plus Zoo to You from Salisbury Zoo.
- R. T. Carriage Services – Horse and Carriage Rides — $10 (12 and up) $5 (under 12).
- Unity-Washington Church Luncheon: Corner of Oak St. and Main St. 9am Bake Sale; 10:30am until luncheon (soup and sandwiches).
- St. Andrews Episcopal Church Silent Auction and Food: 10am to 4pm. Benefits Maryland Food Bank.Plus children’s carnival.
- Hurlock Vol. Fire Co.: Pit Beef Sandwiches, Hot Dogs, Chicken Nuggets and Fries, 300 Charles St.
Events take place around the Hurlock Train Station on Gay Street in Hurlock MD. Rain date is Oct. 6.