What do you get when you combine Eastern Shore crabs with the fun of Oktoberfest? Crabtoberfest! Music and dancing, German beer, German and American food are all part of Crabtoberfest, a festival happening 3-9pm on Oct. 5 at Governors Hall at Sailwinds Park. Free parking.
- Live music by Saved By Zero and Lieb n Schneide
- Dancing by Tisza Dancers and Eastern Shore Dance Academy
- Local restaurants will serve up sauerbraten, potato salad, schnitzel, and other German fare, as well as Eastern Shore favorites including steamed crabs. German, American, and craft beers will also be on tap.
- Facepainting, schuletüte-making, crafts, and games in the Kinder Garten (Kids’ Park).
- Best Dressed at the Fest! contest (that means wear your dirndls and lederhosen!)
Admission costs $10 per person; $5 for ages 3-13; free for 2 and under. For more information, visit crabtoberfest.com or contact the Dorchester Chamber of Commerce at 410-228-3575 or email@example.com.
Crabtoberfest is an annual commemoration of the sister county partnership between Dorchester County, Maryland, and Dueren County in Germany.
Address: 200 Byrn St., Cambridge, MD 21613