Get your fishing rods ready! The annual W.T. Ruark Fishing Tournament happens Sunday, June 5.
Food orders begin at 2pm. Fish registration from 3 to 5pm, followed by presentation of trophies and awards. Held at and benefits the Hoopers Island Volunteer Fire Company, 2756 Hoopers Island Rd., Fishing Creek, MD. Registration ticket costs $5. The snakehead calcutta registration ticket costs another $5.
Tickets sold at:
- Cambridge – R&D Boat Supply
- Golden Hill – Gootee’s Marine
- Woolford – Woolford General Store
- Taylors Island – Taylors Island Campground
- Fishing Creek – Hoopers Island General Store, P.L. Jones Boatyard, Boats & Hose Restaurant, and Old Salty’s restaurant
Tickets must be purchased by 7pm June 4. You must be 5 years or older to register all fish.
For more info call 410-397-3142.