Break up the January doldrums with the free Cambridge Ice & Oyster Fest Jan. 13-14, 2023, featuring more than 50 ice sculptures, master ice carver demonstrations, interactive ice games, oyster roast and raw bar, ice bars with craft beer and artisan cocktails, fire pits and s’mores stations, and a shucking and slurping oyster contest. Plus live music at two locations.
Those ice carvers will be using more than 50,000 pounds of ice to create imagery that reflects the Heart of the Chesapeake. Featured sculptures include Chessie the Sea Monster, mallards and wild geese in flight, a deadrise boat with oysters, skipjack, antlered deer, terrapin, rockfish and more. A polar lounge, giant throne and duck hunting blind are among the many family photo opportunities carved in ice. Kids of all ages can try their skill at popular ice games, including corn hole, putt-putt golf and tic tac toe.
- See dazzling ice sculptures showcasing Eastern Shore culture, wildlife & more!
- Entertain your family with kid-friendly ice-slides, thrones and games
- Chill out on Cannery Way while feasting on local oysters from six oyster vendors and craft beer
- Check out an amazing Ice Bar with drinks to warm you from the inside out!
- Watch top ice carvers demonstrate the artistry of their craft
- Warm your hands or make a s’more in one of our fire pits
- See the first-ever Oyster Shucking & Slurping Relay competition (or take part! Register here.)
- BONUS: The Train Garden created each holiday season by the Cambridge Rescue Fire Company will extend its season with a special opportunity to view Jan. 13 6-9pm and Jan. 14, 1-4pm and 6-9pm. 307 Gay St.
Friday, January 13, 4-9pm
Saturday, January 14, 12-8 pm
Festival grounds are on the parking lots behind Chesapeake College extending from Cannery Way to Blue Ruin Plaza (400 Block of Race Street).
Admission is free!
>> Questions? Contact the Dorchester Chamber of Commerce at 410-228-3575 or email@example.com.