- RIDE THE FALL FESTIVAL EXPRESS! Attention: Train enthusiasts, here’s a “rare mileage” opportunity. This pleasant round-trip train ride goes from Hurlock to Federalsburg and back. Train departs from the Hurlock train station at 107 Gay Street. Train rides cost $8 per person. Train rides at 11am, 12:30pm, 2pm, 3:30pm, and 5pm. Tickets usually sell out, so buy early! Tickets on sale at the Hurlock Town Office (311 Charles Street, PO Box 327, Hurlock, MD 21643) from 8am to 4pm, Monday through Friday, 410-943-4181.
- Dedication of Hurlock Veteran’s Memorial Park at 12pm at 208 S. Main Street
- Little Miss and Little Mr. Fall Festival Contest at 2pm at the Hurlock Train Station. Ages 3 to 6 years old. Must sing or recite a nursery rhyme. Contestants must be a resident of North Dorchester County. Applications and rules are available at the Hurlock Town Office. All applicants must be pre-registered by September 22.
- Craft Vendors: 8am to 4pm around the Train Station.
- Food Vendors starting at 8am around the pavilion.
- Music by Second Wind from 12pm to 2pm.
- The Town of Hurlock and Black Acre Farm offer Free Pony Rides across from Pavilion immediately after the 10am parade until 2pm.
- Holiday the Clown – Magic, Face Painting Across from pony rides.
- Fishmobile – Phillips Wharf Environmental Center.
- Zoo to You – Salisbury Zoo.
- R. T. Carriage Services – Horse and Carriage Rides — $10 (12 and up) $5 (under 12).
- Unity-Washington Church Luncheon: Corner of Oak St. and Main St. 9am Bake Sale; 10:30am until luncheon (soup and sandwiches).
- St. Andrews Episcopal Church Silent Auction and Food: 10am to 4pm. Benefits Maryland Food Bank.
- Children’s Carnival: 10am to 4pm, 303 S. Main St.
- Hurlock Vol. Fire Co.: Pit Beef Sandwiches, Hot Dogs, Chicken Nuggets and Fries, 300 Charles St.
- Fireworks at dusk.
For more information and to purchase train tickets, call the Hurlock Town Office at 410-943-4181.
Maria Bona, Craft Vendor Coordinator 410-943-0373; John Stichberry, Parade Coordinator, 410-463-3740