View All Upcoming Events >
Enjoy an evening in downtown Cambridge strolling the art galleries, browsing a range of artwork, and enjoying free refreshments during the Art Walk, which happens the second Saturday of every month. The free receptions are open to all. The galleries feature art created by local, regional, national, and international artists. Downtown Cambridge is home to several galleries, as well as excellent restaurants
and independently owned shops
. On Second Saturdays, downtown shops stay open until 8 or 9pm, often with special sales or events. Here are the downtown Cambridge art galleries:
- Dorchester Center for the Arts: The DCA features a new exhibit every month and often showcases local and regional artists. Second Saturday reception runs 5-7:30pm. Don’t miss StudioWorks, the gift shop with artist-made items. The DCA also offers a range of art classes for children and adults, as well as musical and theatrical performances. 321 High Street, 410-228-7782.
- Jewelry by Cottage Studio: Working studio offering hand-crafted silver and gold jewelry. Custom jewelry designs a specialty. Also offering jewelry-making classes. See the work of other artists and artisans including Malina Leather with a workbench in the jewelry studio. 410 Race Street, 410-924-1356.
- Liv Again: From the front door, this may look like a cool furniture shop, but it’s more than that. Head to the second floor for a dramatic gallery space and bar known as the ArtBar showcasing regional artists and more. 317 High Street, 443-477-6442
- Main Street Gallery: Showing the work of regional artists and others in a range of media — oil, ceramic, metal, photography, jewelry, and more. Second Saturday receptions usually run 5 to 8pm. 518 Poplar Street, info@MainStGallery.org
- Downtown Frame of Mine: Featuring original artwork — including paintings of Shore life and sports memorabilia prints—by guest artist George Wright. As well as landscapes and more traditional art by other area artists. The shop also offers custom framing. 319 High Street, 410-228-7977
- Leggett Gallery at Chesapeake College: Chesapeake College’s Cambridge Center has transformed a hallway into a space to showcase the work of local artists. Second Saturday receptions usually go from 5-6:30pm. 416-418 Race Street, 410-228-5754